Preparing to design your own banner? Wondering how to create that masterpiece you envisioned?
Fret not! Art-maestro or budding banner painter, let this mini-guide jumpstart your journey!
Paint - Non soluble, avoid enamel variants
Brushes - Get different sizes for covering large swathes down to the nitty gritty
Cloth - Procure from Chinatown Complex (textile haven)
Chalk - Transferring design onto cloth. Use dark colors.
Masking tape - Secure cloth onto flat, vertical surface for chalking
Computer & Projector - Display digital image for chalking
Maximum Dimensions: 30m²
Teacher's endorsement + approval form
1) Start by sewing your cloth together as it comes in 1m wide strips. You would probably want to get the shop to sew for you for convenience.
2) Once your cloth is ready, set up your projector such that your design is projected on a flat, vertical surface (classroom walls suffice)
3) Use your tape to stick your banner cloth onto the wall. Make sure it is straight!
4) Divide your digital image into fixed segments with proportions(1m: 1 segment) by using guides. Note that this has to be done in proportion to your banner size and varies. Scaling is extremely important!
5) Start chalking! Shift your banner cloth along the wall and repeat until the entire design is chalked onto the cloth, taking scale into account. Slight misalignment can be corrected during painting itself.
6) Now you can start painting! Move your chalked banner over to the BPA and get ready for hours of fun filled painting. Make sure that you follow the guidelines and be considerate if others are using the area as well! Lay the area with newspapers, use recycled cardboard as your palettes and get down to work!
7) If necessary, mix paint for the colours that you may need, but ensure you mix a moderate quantity. Paint if left exposed to air will harden, so make sure you also cover your paint tins! Also wash brushes after painting!
8) Once you’re satisfied with your masterpiece, cut equidistant small holes along the top edge of the banner and reinforce the opening with duct tape. This would be where your rope will thread through to hang on the railings!
9) Check with your teacher regarding administrative details and be ready to present your banner to the school during morning bridge announcement!